Roast Tomato & Basil Soup
The canned version of tomato soup was probably a staple meal when you were a kid and remembered fondly. This gown-up version features oven-roasted tomatoes and is likely to become a firm favourite for the whole family. Made with a Panasonic Stick Blender.
Write a review
- 1 kg tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 gloves garlic, unpeeled
- ½ tsp basil
- 500 ml chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Arrange tomato halves on baking tray, then coat with olive oil, garlic and herbs.
- Place the tomato tray in the oven to bake for 45 min.
- Remove from the oven and add to the chicken stock.
- Blend with the stick blender until smooth.
- Heat soup and serve with toasted Wholemeal Loaf 75%.
- 2-3 servings
- Wholemeal Loaf 75% recipe: https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/wholemeal-loaf-bread-maker-recipe.
- Check out our range of blenders: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/small-appliances/stick-blender.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://theideaskitchen.panasonic.com.au/