Roast Christmas Turkey
Roast turkey is a real Christmas crowd-pleaser! Here we show you how to quickly roast a whole bird in your convection microwave and we’ve even included a recipe for cranberry sauce you can whip up in a bread maker.
Write a review
- 2.5kg turkey
- 60g butter
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small cooking apples,peeled and grated
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon brandy, extra
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Lemon pepper or seasoned salt, to taste
- Clean and pat dry turkey with paper towel.
- Melt butter in a 1-litre casserole dish on 1000 W for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add celery, onion and apples and cook on 1000 W for 5 minutes.
- Add brandy, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and stuff mixture into cleaned turkey.
- Pierce skin of turkey with a fork.
- Secure legs of turkey with string.
- Brush with oil.
- Sprinkle with extra brandy, and lemon pepper or seasoned salt.
- Place turkey on glass shelf in middle shelf positon.
- Cook on 600 W for 50 to 55 minutes turning over halfway
- Cook on Convection 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Stand 15 minutes before serving with cranberry sauce
- Made using a Panasonic NN-CS894S Microwave.
The Ideas Kitchen https://theideaskitchen.panasonic.com.au/