Prawn, Chorizo & Pea Risotto
With its prawn and chorizo combination and lemony flavour to give the dish a citrus spark, this summery risotto recipe is a little bit like a cheat’s paella (and it’s very easy to make in our steam combi microwave)!
Write a review
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 125 g chorizo sausages, halved and sliced
- 25 g butter
- 225 g brown cap mushrooms, quartered
- 225 g risotto rice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock
- 300 ml white wine
- 100 g frozen peas
- 300 g cooked and peeled prawns
- Parsley, to garnish
- Put the onion, garlic, butter and mushrooms in a large Pyrex® casserole dish.
- Place on the base of the oven and cook on STEAM 1 + LOW MICROWAVE for 10 minutes.
- Add rice, juice and rind of the lemon, stock and wine to the mushroom mixture.
- Cook on STEAM 1 + LOW MICROWAVE for 10 minutes.
- Stir risotto. Add peas and cook on STEAM 1 + LOW MICROWAVE for 8 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook on STEAM 1 + LOW MICROWAVE for 4 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes and garnish with a sprig of parsley to serve.
- Made using the NN-DS596B steam combination oven.
The Ideas Kitchen https://theideaskitchen.panasonic.com.au/