Mango Sticky Rice
Despite being one of the world’s most versatile grains, rice has a bit of a boring reputation. That little mound of white rice is the thing you have with the dish, not the dish itself. We’re on a mission to give rice a makeover and show you how to serve up exotic dishes where this grain can really shine, using a Panasonic rice cooker. Click here to check out our range of rice cookers.
Write a review
- 200 g Glutinous Rice
- 600 ml Water
- 240 ml Coconut Milk
- 4 tbs Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Mangoes, sliced
- 1 pinch Sesame Seeds for garnish (as desired)
- Put the glutinous rice in the rice cooker pot and add the water.
- Soak the rice in the water for at least one hour.
- Choose the PORRIDGE menu, then proceed to cook by pressing START.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, let it cool.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add sugar and salt and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Mix the coconut milk with the cooled glutinous rice.
- Arrange in a serving platter and serve with sliced ripe mangoes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- 6-8 Servings.
- Check out our range of rice cookers: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/small-appliances/rice-cookers.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://theideaskitchen.panasonic.com.au/