Panasonic rice cookers are so versatile that in addition to perfectly cooking rice, they can also turn out porridge, cake, soup and stew. This banana cake recipe cooks in just 40 minutes in the rice cooker, with delectable results.
Write a review
- 125 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 125 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g mashed banana
- 1 ½ tbsp milk
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- Sift plain flour and sodium bicarbonate.
- Mix cocoa powder with a small amount of warm water until it has been dissolved.
- Whisk butter and sugar at high speed for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, and whisk ingredients until mixture is creamy.
- Add mashed banana and milk, then whisk ingredients thoroughly on slow speed for 2 minutes.
- Add half amount of sifted flour and mix thoroughly. Add the rest and mix thoroughly again. Afterwards, add cocoa powder and mix thoroughly.
- Spread butter on the inner pan, add ingredients into it, and then close the outer lid.
- Press ‘Menu Select’ key to select Cake mode. Set cooking timer to 40 minutes. Then press Start key.
- Wait until you hear the beep sounds indicating that cooking is done.
- Lift the inner pan out and leave it cool down for approximately 2 minutes. (The Off key should be pressed, and the plug must be disconnected before lifting the inner pan off.)
- Turn the inner pan onto a cooling rack and leave the cake to cool before serving.
- Notes: Made using SR-DE183 rice cooker. Check out the full range of Panasonic rice cookers. http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/kitchen-appliances/rice-cookers.html
The Ideas Kitchen https://theideaskitchen.panasonic.com.au/